Thursday, June 16, 2011

Job Ad

I've been working in Aviation for almost 4 years now, and love being an aircraft dispatcher. I graduated from Sheffield (a FAA certificated dispatcher program) 4 years ago and within a month got a job at Cape Air. Cape Air was the first Airline I applied to, I had applied to three others and got called for an interview for all of them. I picked Cape Air because it is in MA, and would allow me to continue my education here at Bridgewater State.

I relize how lucky I am to get my first job in my career that quickly. I also had a great school (Sheffield) that realy took care of there students during job searches. The school helped me put together Aviation resume, and applications.

I have a resume on JS Firm.com. This is a great Aviation website. It walks you through the resume process. Everything is done step by step. Some information is indrop down menus, and other areas you are free to type. All the info they get from you goes into a database, and when you search for jobs it gives you the jobs in which you are qualified first. There is so many other things you can do on this website, I just don't have the time to tell you.

I've been looking for a while at companies to got to when I'm done with school. One company is called ERA Helicopters. They operate helicopter tours throughout Alaska. But the other one that would a better job is Berry Aviation,they operate a charter organization.

1 comment:

  1. Matt it is fantastic that you are already working in your field and building your professional resume. Taking the resume skills and other technical writing skills you learned in this class and applying them in your career can have an immediate impact.

    ReplyDelete